- What makes a human truly great is amor fati: The love of fate - Nietzsche
- This is not a resignation to what happens to you, but rather a need to embrace it fully and to not want to change anything.
- This is in direct opposition to his earlier writing that suggested a “Wille Zur Macht” (will to power”).
Nietzsche might have evolved his thinking to come to terms with the latter years of his life in poverty, and failed pursuits.
- Especially given him shitting all over the stoics in his earlier writing.
Maybe “Amor Fati” is the armor you wear to the war you wage with “Wille Zur Macht”
- Know when to hold ‘em, Know when to fold ‘em …