- A wise person has a higher than average outcome in a lot of situations.
- An intelligent person has a particularly good outcome in a small set of situations.
Intelligence is the peak and wisdom is the average of the same curve.
- A high average will support high peaks.
- In the same vein, in software engineering high averages (knowing a bit about a lot of things) will support high peaks (knowing in depth about a specific thing).
- source: http://www.paulgraham.com/wisdom.html?viewfullsite=1
- related: [wisdom], [intelligence], [pg], [software-engineering]