- Pavlovian responses seem to be a function of the frequency (food bell) and the intensity of the stimuli (car crash).
- When the messenger brings the news we don’t want to hear, the Pavlovian response must be curbed and antipathy must be managed so we hear the bad news without delay.
- Giving into the Pavlovian conditioning (knee-jerk reaction caused by the neural association) will corrupt your cause to the point you can’t see contrary opinion.
- source: https://fs.blog/2015/08/bias-from-association-why-we-shoot-the-messenger/
- related: [psychology], [pavlov], [ego]